database corruption help needed

From: Ken(dot)Colson(at)sage(dot)com
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: database corruption help needed
Date: 2009-02-22 20:53:12
Lists: pgsql-admin

Greetings,

I had a hardware problem this morning, which I believe is now resolved, but
I seem to have a little database corruption issue. This is what I am seeing
when I restart postgres:

PANIC: right sibling's left-link doesn't match

So I attempted to reindex the database and now I get this error:

ERROR: could not create unique index

DETAIL: Table contains duplicated values.

But it does not mention which index it is trying to build, so I am at a
little bit of a stand still. I am currently vaccuming the database to see
if that helps, but...I don't know what else to do from here.

Any suggestions? I am running 8.2.5 on 64bit Linux.

Thanks in advance,

Ken