In PgAdmin, how can I see all of a long text field?

From: "Rob Richardson" <Rob(dot)Richardson(at)rad-con(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: In PgAdmin, how can I see all of a long text field?
Date: 2010-11-08 16:35:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

My stack_requests table has a field named inventory_filter of type text.
The size of that field is not specified. It can contain a string
several hundred characters long. Using PgAdmin, how can I see the
entire inventory_filter field for a given record no matter how long it
is? A query like "select * from inventory_record where key = 'some_key'
" gives me a grid, and no matter how big I make the inventory_filter
column, I can't see the whole thing. Event if I limit my query to the
inventory_record column, the display is limited to the width of my
monitor, which is often not enough. How can I use PgAdmin to see the
entire field?

Thank you.

RobR