Re: pgadmin not responding

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <mdoggett(at)coas(dot)oregonstate(dot)edu>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgadmin not responding
Date: 2004-03-18 21:13:30
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Matt,

The only thing pgAdmin does that should be affected by large tables is
count the number of rows in them. As long as you have analysed the
database and the statistics roughly reflect the true size of the table
then you can set a threshold level on the options dialogue - if the
statistics count is higher than the threshold, the count is skipped.

Regards, Dave.