Re: [HACKERS] pgaccess - where to store the own data

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Joe Conway" <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, "Iavor Raytchev" <iavor(dot)raytchev(at)verysmall(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-interfaces" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] pgaccess - where to store the own data
Date: 2002-08-30 15:58:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

I thought of using that approach with pgAdmin, but how do you ensure
that new users use the correct database as the repository, or, if you
hard coded it to use a 'pgaccess' database (for example), how do you
deal with security etc on a shared system such as might be run by an
isp?

Of course, in 7.3 you could just create a pgaccess schema in each
database...

Regards, Dave.