Re: pgAdmin bug? snapshot

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Michael Shapiro" <mshapiro(at)ncsa(dot)uiuc(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin bug? snapshot
Date: 2003-11-19 10:48:55
Lists: pgadmin-support

[Please keep messages on list]

I was thinking that if you had it on full debug that would certainly
slow down the connection. I see no speed issues with CVS tip here.

> Now that you mention logging, I see that when I do a RAISE
> NOTICE in a function, PgAdmin will show the notice in the
> messages window, but if I do RAISE DEBUG, it does not. Where
> do RAISE DEBUG messages go?

By default they are hidden. Try running:

SET client_min_messages = 'DEBUG1'

Or similar at the beginning of your SQL session. See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/runtime-config.html for more
details of client_min_messages.

You can also preset variables like this on a per database or per user
basis in the appropriate properties dialogue.

Regards, Dave.