Re: development language

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "frank_lupo" <frank_lupo(at)email(dot)it>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: development language
Date: 2003-02-26 21:38:20
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> -----Original Message-----
> From: frank_lupo [mailto:frank_lupo(at)email(dot)it]
> Sent: 26 February 2003 21:00
> To: Dave Page
> Cc: pgadmin-hackers
> Subject: RE: [pgadmin-hackers] development language
>

> excuse for my English,

:-) Your English is *far* better than my Italian!!

> I only say that it would be useful not
> to compile for several the systems operated to you, is true
> that java it is slow but our problem is not this. The jdbc
> exists for postgres. Perhaps we will have of the advantages.
> Perhaps...

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Java and despite giving it as
unbiased consideration as I could, I decided upon C++/wxWindows in
preference. Having just finished 8 solid weeks of C++ training just
before Christmas in preference to Java I'm even more reluctant to
change.

So it's C++/wxWindows for pgAdmin3 :-)

Regards, Dave.