Create a database with ecpg

From: rodneyr(at)embratel(dot)com(dot)br
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Create a database with ecpg
Date: 1999-09-22 01:15:33
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I include the following statement in my program to create a database:

"EXEC SQL CREATE DATABASE testbase;"

Then I compiled it, using ecpg, but the database was't been created.

When a try to open it with "psql" I receive the message:

Connection to database 'testbase' failed.
FATAL 1: Database testbase does not exist in pg_database

Is there any mistake in my statement?

P.S.: I compiled the program without receiving any mistake message.

Thank you.

Rodney.