OpenMFG: PostgreSQL-backed ERP for small manufacturers

From: "Ned Lilly" <ned(at)nedscape(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL Announce" <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "PostgreSQL General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: OpenMFG: PostgreSQL-backed ERP for small manufacturers
Date: 2002-10-22 18:28:12
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

Greetings,

Just a quick note to let everyone here know of a new product that ought to further the acceptance of PostgreSQL as a serious mission-critical business database. We announced the launch today of a new product called OpenMFG - a sophisticated ERP system for small manufacturers that runs on PostgreSQL.

It's built with the Qt framework for C++ (400,000 lines) and also makes extensive use of PL/PGSQL for the ERP business logic. Qt gives us the ability to run the client on Windows, Linux, any other Unix, even OS X. We can run multiplatform on the server side as well, although we're currently happiest on Linux; when the native PostgreSQL for Windows port is done in 7.4, we'll support that fully as well.

Part of the Qt client work we've done is a fully cross-platform report writer and rendering engine, which stores the report definitions in PostgreSQL in XML format.

If there are any manufacturing/ERP types on this list, and you'd like to talk, please give me a shout; we're doing some pretty interesting stuff - including making source code available to our partners and customers.

More info on the software and the company is at www.openmfg.com. There's a press release at http://lwn.net/Articles/13366/.

Regards,
Ned

--