Re: Problem Upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1 (WinXP) ...not still solved!!

From: <me(at)alternize(dot)com>
To: "Ilias Goudaropoulos" <ig(at)freemail(dot)gr>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem Upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1 (WinXP) ...not still solved!!
Date: 2005-11-24 19:27:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

when upgrading pg from 8.0 to 8.1 you will have to recreate your databases
and restore your data. the db files are not compatible. there is an easy
tutorial/explanation section in the documentation on "upgrading a db".

basically the steps are the following:
1. while having 8.0 running, dump your databases (pg_dump)
2. install & set-up 8.1
3. restore your databases (pg_restore) into 8.1

good luck,
thomas