Re: create a database with encoding LATIN1

From: Sébastien D'Errico <sebastien(at)hollox(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: create a database with encoding LATIN1
Date: 2011-05-03 16:33:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thank you Didier and Grzegorz!

That clear some part.

Curiosity, am I right now in the from of this windows installation of
Postgres:
http://www.hollox.net/a/locale.png

I know that I need LATIN1 for the project. If I check this reference sheet:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/multibyte.html

I get:
LATIN1 ISO 8859-1, ECMA 94 Western European Yes 1 ISO88591

In the list from the printscreen, I do not see LATIN1, No ISO, No Western
European.

How can I know what I need to choose to get LATIN1?

Do I look the wrong setting?

Thanks,
Sebastien