Re: database access queries

From: "sandhya" <sandhyar(at)amiindia(dot)co(dot)in>
To: "bramhe manoj" <manoj_bramhe(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "postgre" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: database access queries
Date: 2005-09-28 11:02:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

----- Original Message -----
From: "bramhe manoj" <manoj_bramhe(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 3:54 PM
Subject: [ADMIN] database access queries

> hi ,
>
> we are working as linux administrators in enng college
> in mumbai(india).

> we have created databases in postgresql for all staffs
> & students & granted them with permissions & password

Are all users have superuser permission ?

> query :
>
> how to restrict database user from accessing other
> users databases?

Accessing other user's database......IS it mean getting the table info
of other user's database?

> here we are getting problem that any user can access
> database of other users
>
> pls tell us how we can do in postgresql

See:
\du
List of database users
User name | User ID | Attributes
postgres | 1 | superuser, create database
root | 100 | superuser, create database
sampledb | 103 |

If you have a user of 'sampledb' with no superuser permission..he can't
access the tables of other user's database.
Check the permissions and the login info.