Re: Efficient Insert statement for one record into multiple

From: "Peter Neu" <peter(dot)neu(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Efficient Insert statement for one record into multiple
Date: 2006-12-18 12:05:12
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

in my create table statement I got this line:

id int4 DEFAULT nextval('public.user_auth_id2_seq'::text)

So according to your suggestions this would be

insert into B (id_from_a, statistic_data) values(
currval("public.user_auth_id2_seq"),bla")

,right?

If I got you right I cannot link this two insert statements together.
So I need two times to open a prepared statement and execute it.
Would I need to do this in a transaction or is it safe to do this
without it?

Cheers,
Pete