Re: Build problems with latest CVS (2007-06-03) on MSVC++ Express 2005

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: "Mark Cave-Ayland" <mark(dot)cave-ayland(at)ilande(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Build problems with latest CVS (2007-06-03) on MSVC++ Express 2005
Date: 2007-06-04 01:59:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi.

I'm sorry very late reaction.

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm working on building the latest CVS of psqlODBC from CVS using MS
> Visual C++ Express 2005 and thought you may like some extra feedback on
> the build process. The instructions in win32-compilation.html were
> helpful, but I needed to make the following changes:

Thank you for your work time.!!

> 1. Modify the PostgreSQL installation to include the development headers
> and MSVC libraries.
>
> 2. Open psqlodbc.rc and make the following change on line 10:
>
> #include "afxres.h" -> #include "mfc/afxres.h"

Ahh, It seems that, as for VC-Express, installation of Platform SDK and a setup
of PATH are independently needed. We may be that the setting method needs to
be shown. of course, I need to try hard. some suggestion is welcomed.

> 3. Copy C:\OpenSSL\lib\VC\ssleay32MT.lib as ssleay32.lib.

Um, It seems that it has caused confusion although it was also another report.
I'm always build it by myself. then, It is always stabilized and serves as ssleay32.lib.
It seems that it probably originates in the problem of Inoue-san suggested before,
which is /MD,/MDd, and /MT,/MTd....
I consider these on the problem which should still be discussed. It is likely to pose a
problem also by the PostgreSQL main part. Moreover, we need time to investigate
to a slight degree.

> 3. Pass the MSDTC=no option to nmake.
>

> If I try to build without the MSDTC=no option then I get the following
> error upon compilation:

Oh sorry, please let me check again tonight.
Thanks!

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito