Create an empty copy of another table

From: Thomas Weholt <Thomas(at)cintra(dot)no>
To: "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Create an empty copy of another table
Date: 2000-06-28 11:47:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

How do I create a new empty table that`s a copy of an allready existing one?
I need a way of putting the result of a select-statement into a temporary
table that`s an exact copy of the table it`s derived from and I`m not sure
how to do this. Obviously. I am just using one table to query at the time.

Thomas