ECPG and case sensitivity

From: "Dana L(dot) Hones" <honesd(at)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ECPG and case sensitivity
Date: 1999-09-30 19:29:25
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

I have a PostgreSQL DB on Linux that I copied over from MS Access. Thus, I
have mixed case table and field names. I can access the database from PSQL
in the following manner:

select * from "NAMELIST" where "NAMEID" = 1234;

How may I accomplish the same thing while using ECPG under C? ECPG ignores
the quotes and converts the table and field names to lower case. I tried
editing the output "C" file from ECPG and now the C complier complains
about the syntax.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DLH

Dana L. Hones