odbc driver failing. . .

From: JT Kirkpatrick <jt-kirkpatrick(at)mpsllc(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org>, "'pgsql-admin(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: odbc driver failing. . .
Date: 1999-05-28 15:55:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

hi all. i have written in about illegal page faults when i try to add
records to a particular table -- editing it seems fine. well, i have
narrowed down another "weird" problem with the same table. i reported that
when i open it directly in datasheet view, the odbc driver fails every
time. this is not my largest table at all -- this one is 14M and over 45k
records -- my largest is 23M and over 90k records. i can open every other
table up in datasheet view (msaccess97 by the way) except the 14M one.
here is the log file after i opened a few other tables and then finally
the one that bombs -- does anyone have any ideas about what is going
wrong?? a few suspects -- the table has a field defined as varchar(300)
and another varchar(550) -- i have the odbc driver set to cache 1000 (at
least in this log file -- it was 100 and still bombed!), maxvarchar=550,
maxlongvarchar=15000. but editing the table a record at a time -- or even
pulling up a subset of records from the table works fine. . .

thanks for any suggestions! jt