AW: [HACKERS] data compression/encryption

From: Andreas Zeugswetter <andreas(dot)zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
To: "'Brett McCormick'" <brett(at)work(dot)chicken(dot)org>
Cc: "'hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AW: [HACKERS] data compression/encryption
Date: 1998-04-30 12:32:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Compression of large objects is also a good idea, but I'm not sure how
it would be implemented, or how it would affect reads/writes (you
can't really seek with zlib, which is what I would use).

Look at lzo realtime compression utility at:
http://wildsau.idv.uni-linz.ac.at/mfx/lzop.html
It is extremly fast. I have to support first class Austrian technology ;-)

Andreas