Re: odbc 8.01.02 8190 bytes limitation

From: "Michael GUIARD" <michael(at)nestor-tech(dot)com>
To: "Hiroshi Inoue" <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: odbc 8.01.02 8190 bytes limitation
Date: 2006-04-26 13:51:46
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Hiroshi,

I did not find the ByteaAsLongVarchar option in the odbc driver. But because
of your request I searched a bit more and I saw the "byte as lo" option.
I tried it and now it works !! GOOOOD :)

So I configure the maxLongVarChar as -4 and check the "byte as lo" option,
and now I can store/retreive image of more than 16KB !
Thanks a lot for your help !!! :)

I tried with the 7.03.02.60 and 8.01.02 drivers. With the 7.03.02xx version
the recordset update takes very long time. With the 8.01.02 I have no
problems.

All is good for me except one thing : how can I set the "byte as lo" option
in the odbc connection string ?

Mike