Re: Backup

From: "Jason Minion" <jason(dot)minion(at)sigler(dot)com>
To: "Joseph M(dot) Day" <jday(at)gisolutions(dot)us>, "Naomi Walker" <nwalke(at)eldocomp(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Backup
Date: 2005-03-23 21:15:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

If you are running version 8, you may want to look into the WAL archiving:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/backup-online.html

That would form the basis of your incremental backup strategy. I haven't had the joy of using them myself however, and do not know of any tools to make it more convenient, and a quick breeze through pgfoundry didn't find much either.