Senior PostgreSQL DBA
We have an immediate need for a Senior PostgreSQL DBA who can lead and provide the direction for database technology and administration for our enterprise databases as we migrate to PostgreSQL. In this position you will be the primary support for all development, test and production database environments to ensure high availability, reliability, appropriate capacity, scalability, backup, recoverability, performance, and 24x7 operation.
* Minimum 5 years experience PostgreSQL DBA experience, and 2+ years as a DBA for large enterprise systems (+1 TB).
* Strong physical database design experience.
* Expertise in configuring, implementing and supporting high availability strategies with database systems including clustering, and replication.
* Mastery of SQL (ANSI, PL/SQL).
* Experience in software development using Perl, shell, or other scripting languages.
* Solid background using UNIX/Linux operating systems.
* Ability to perform capacity planning which supports the forecasting and purchasing processes.
* Ability to implement Database security safeguards and audit them.
* Ability to work in a high availability production environment where unplanned downtime is not acceptable.
* Ability to communicate ideas and designs to all stakeholders, including non-technical audiences.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Minimum five years of progressive experience performing PostgreSQL administration in a production environment; experience should include three or more years of database administration in an enterprise level environment with very large (> 1 terabyte) databases.
Location: Portland, OR
Type: Direct Hire/Permanent, Contract-Hire
Target Start Date: ASAP / 2 weeks notice
Compensation: Salary (BOE), plus excellent benefits package (PTO, 100% employee paid med/dent/vis/RX/life, retirement plan, educational allowance, great facilities)
Please send MS Word version of resume to – recruiter(at)intersoftinc(dot)com
Founded in 1985 and based in Lake Oswego, OR, we work with a number of large, medium, and small companies by supporting their need for software solutions and qualified technical professionals as well as providing consultancy and turnkey solutions. Some of the areas we have particular strengths in are software development, SQA, embedded systems, and hardware design. We partner with our clients and employees to make sure each engagement is mutually beneficial. We offer all of our employees competitive compensation, medical, dental, 401k, and PTO.
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 270.5.12/1597 - Release Date: 8/7/2008 5:54 AM
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Andrew Dunstan||Date: 2008-08-08 13:39:09|
|Subject: Re: Senior PostgreSQL DBA|
|Previous:||From: Norman Fastenberg||Date: 2008-08-07 19:28:30|
|Subject: Job Opening - NYC|