Re: pgAdmin Connection

From: George Weaver <gweaver(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin Connection
Date: 2004-08-19 01:52:08
Lists: pgsql-novice

From the documentation:http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/postmaster-start.html#CLIENT-CONNECTION-PROBLEMS"psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host server.joe.com and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?This is the generic "I couldn't find a server to talk to" failure. It looks like the above when TCP/IP communication is attempted. A common mistake is to forget the -i option to allow the postmaster to accept TCP/IP connections. "