Re: No more RH7.3 RPMs?

From: "Sander Steffann" <sander(at)steffann(dot)nl>
To: "Lamar Owen" <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, "ow" <oneway_111(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: No more RH7.3 RPMs?
Date: 2003-05-29 21:41:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> On Thursday 29 May 2003 07:26, ow wrote:
> > RH7.3 is a supported distribution for at least 6 months.
>
> By Red Hat, but not necessarily by us.
> That being said:
>
> > Any plans to add
> > Postgres 7.3.3 RPMs for RH7.3?
>
> Yes. Please understand that I only have at my disposal machines running
Red
> Hat 9 (my personal notebook), Red Hat 8.0 (a couple of servers I admin),
and
> Aurora 1.0 (0.42) (my personal SPARC servers). I do not have a RH7.3 box,
so
> I can't directly support RH 7.3.
>
> Please also understand that I am not being paid by anyone at this time to
do
> RPM releases -- it is a completely volunteer operation.
>
> That being said, I have volunteers who build RPMs for the older
distributions.

That would be me :) Sorry I was a little slow with providing RH73 packages!

> RH 7.3 RPMs should be available today, with RH 6.2 RPMs possibly also
> available today.

Someone else has already built RPMs for RH73 and Lamar has already uploaded
them to ftp.postgresql.org. I just completed the RH62 packages. Lamar will
put them on the FTP server, but until then they can be picked up from
http://www.steffann.nl/PostgreSQL/v7.3.3/ if somebody needs them quickly.

Bye!
Sander.