Re: TODO question

From: "Pavlo Baron" <pb(at)pbit(dot)org>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TODO question
Date: 2001-12-29 20:12:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane writes:

> My inclination would be to twiddle the order of operations so that the
> Default node is spotted and intercepted before being fed to
> transformExpr. This would probably mean doing some surgery on
> transformTargetList.

Why transformTargetList? The comment above this function says that it's
indiffernet if there is a SELECT or INSERT or an other stmt. being parsed -
the expressions are just to be transformed? Woudn't it break this
indifference if I add a new branch handling with the Default node to this
function? Or is it uncritical if I simply add it without any distinction of
what stmt. is being parsed? Could it become a problem later if the Default
node is reused by some other stmt.?

rgds
Pavlo Baron