Re: Problem to connect to the Windows Port

From: "Anony Mous" <A(dot)Mous(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: "'Jan Wieck'" <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, "'Cornelia Boenigk'" <poppcorn(at)cornelia-boenigk(dot)de>
Cc: "'pgsql-general'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem to connect to the Windows Port
Date: 2004-08-26 13:35:59
Lists: pgsql-general

OK, I've found what worked for me.

By default, the pg_hba file installs like so:

# TYPE DATABASE USER IP-ADDRESS IP-MASK METHOD
local all all trust
# IPv4-style local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust
# IPv6-style local connections:
host all all ::1 ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff trust

Once I removed the IPv6-style line, then I could add my own IP + Mask
combination and it worked fine (in my case this is 192.168.0.0
255.255.0.0)

Perhaps upon installation the IPv6 line should be "remmed" out by default?