ODBC problem with Microsoft Word and Excel

From: "Karl Denninger" <karl(at)denninger(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC problem with Microsoft Word and Excel
Date: 2007-03-02 19:28:42
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I’ve loaded the most recent ODBC driver off the Postgresql FTP site.

The DBMS is functioning, has other applications (libpq, etc) operating
perfectly, and the “Test” functionality from the “Data Sources” setup shows
that I can connect to the database desired when I declare the connection.

However, when I attempt to go into either WORD (to use it as a mail merge
source) or EXCEL (just for grins to pull data from there) I connect to “ODBC
DSN”, click “PostgreSQL30W” (the driver that was set up in the Data Sources
panel), I immediately get “Unable to get list of tables from the data
source”.

What’s going on?!

-- Karl Denninger HYPERLINK "mailto:karl(at)denninger(dot)net"karl(at)denninger(dot)net

Diving? See HYPERLINK "http://www.scubaforum.org"http://www.scubaforum.org