Two joins on same foreign key

From: Anony Mous <a(dot)mous(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Two joins on same foreign key
Date: 2004-01-30 22:03:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm fairly new to this database, and have read much discussion on
sub-queries. I've seen that they can be great for some queries, and
downright slow for others. I have a table with two foreign keys referencing
another table, like:

Table #1

employee_id (pk)

employee_name

Table #2

teamleader_employee_id

backup_employee_id

both fields in table 2 need to do a lookup in table 1 to get the name of the
actual employee. Do I need to use nested queries to accomplish this? Any
help is greatly appreciated!

-AM