When using temporary tables, Excel do not refresh data

From: "J6M" <j6m(at)adm(dot)estp(dot)fr>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: When using temporary tables, Excel do not refresh data
Date: 2008-02-20 17:34:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I run in a bit of trouble with configuring psqlODBC that I use to retrieve
data from a PG box to Excel sheets. On my PC, queries with multiple
statements using temporary tables just work fine. On the other computers of
our school, such queries do execute without apparent errors (ps axuw | grep
postgres) but data are not refreshed when returned.

E.g.

select now(); works OK on all computers

but

select now() into temp table t; select * from t; works only on mine.

I have psqlODBC 7.3.2 installed on my computer. I installed psqlODBC 8.2.x
and 8.3.0 on other computers. There must be something I missed in the
configuration of these new releases of psqlODBC. (Server is 8.1.11)

I suppose this is a known question but I could not find any online or
downloadable documentation from www.postgresql.org regarding psqlODBC. In
appandix H of the postgesql 8.2 A4 PDF manual (pages 1618 or 1666) there is
a given site for psqlODBC. However, it is not reachable. :(

I could not find any answer in the last 4 months of psql-odbc mailing list
archives either.