Re: Mac OS X configuration

From: Jyrki Wahlstedt <jyrki(dot)wahlstedt(at)hut(dot)fi>
To: "Adam H(dot) Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mac OS X configuration
Date: 2003-12-11 09:47:15
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,
wxwindows (20031010-7) builds all right, pgadmin is yet the problem.
On Mac OS X (with 10.3.1 and gcc 3.3) the compilation stops with:
utils/utffile.cpp: In member function `off_t wxUtfFile::Read(wxString&,
long
long int)':
utils/utffile.cpp:86: error: no matching function for call to
`wxMBConv::MB2WC(
wxStringBuffer, char*&, long unsigned int)'
/usr/local/include/wx/strconv.h:46: error: candidates are: virtual
size_t
wxMBConv::MB2WC(wchar_t*, const char*, long unsigned int) const
make[2]: *** [utffile.o] Error 1

On FreeBSD I made a successful build by
1) downloading the source from CVS
2) bootstrapping it
3) making distclean
4) configuring it
5) making it
I suspect 1&2 are not totally necessary, but earlier, when I didn't
make distclean, I got tons of undefined references to wx objects,
because in configure the libraries were not picked up for some reason.
Now, after the basic 'make install' pgadmin does not work too well, but
I am now happy after 'ln -s $(builddir)/src/pgadmin3
/usr/local/bin/pgadmin3' (it seems to require some resources from the
ui directory, the location of which should be what? Perhaps relative to
the executable?)
!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
! Viialankatu 15 as 8 mob. +358-40-502 0164
! FI-32700 Huittinen
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.