Re: window scrolling with pgAdmin III

From: "Donald Fraser" <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net>
To: "[pgADMIN]" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: window scrolling with pgAdmin III
Date: 2003-07-29 22:09:17
Lists: pgadmin-support

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: "Donald Fraser" <demolish(at)cwgsy(dot)net>
Cc: "[pgADMIN]" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 10:56 PM
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] window scrolling with pgAdmin III

> Donald Fraser wrote:
>
> > pgAdmin III July 16th Build
> >
> > Probably something to do with wxWindows but thought I'd mention it anyway.
> > Minor annoyance with horizontal scrolling in SQL window or reverse
> > engineer window.
> > If I have some very long line the horizontal scroll bar doesn't
> > reflect the true width of the window. I have to press the incremental
> > left or right button to scroll to areas that cannot be seen.
> > To get around this problem I put the cursor on the line that cannot be
> > displayed fully and then press the "End" button. The view is taken
> > to the end of line and now the scroll bar adjusts to the true width
> > and from that point onwards I can scroll using the scroll bar.
> >

> Hi Donald,
>
> this hasn't been observed so far, and as you already supposed would be a
> wxWindows problem (we'll try to locate and fix anyway). Do you take a
> binary build? Which OS? How long is that line you have problems with?

I don't use binary builds (I assume you mean via CVS).
OS: W2K SP4.
The line is longer than what can fit on a 1024 width screen using the default
font.
Example: (but this will probably wrap due to ASCII mail support)
INSERT INTO tbl_cmpyaudit (id_cmpy, id_auditby, dt_audit, id_cmpytyp,
id_cmpycat, id_country, s_umbname, s_name, s_address, s_city, s_pcode, s_phone,
s_fax, s_email, s_web, d_deceased, s_subsact, id_editedby, dt_edited)
VALUES(OLD.id, get_userId(), dtaudit, OLD.id_cmpytyp, OLD.id_cmpycat,
OLD.id_country, OLD.s_umbname, OLD.s_name, OLD.s_address, OLD.s_city,
OLD.s_pcode, OLD.s_phone, OLD.s_fax, OLD.s_email, OLD.s_web, OLD.d_deceased,
OLD.s_subsact, OLD.id_editedby, OLD.dt_edited);

Regards
Donald Fraser.