Re: query optimazation & starting postmaster with -B option

From: "Mitch Vincent" <mitch(at)venux(dot)net>
To: "sathya priya" <mscsathya(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: query optimazation & starting postmaster with -B option
Date: 2000-07-22 22:41:43
Lists: pgsql-sql

As I've found through countless trial and error and many emails to this
list, performance is mostly in how you structure queries and how you use the
backend (indexes, proper VACUUMing etc etc)..

Increasing the size passed as -S and -B options will help -- there is
probably much more that can be done if you can get specific with us about
your tables and what queries you're having trouble with..

Good luck!!

-Mitch