[WIP] Patch : Change pg_ident.conf parsing to be the same as pg_hba.conf

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com>
To: "'Pg Hackers'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [WIP] Patch : Change pg_ident.conf parsing to be the same as pg_hba.conf
Date: 2012-07-02 12:08:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Attached is a Patch to change the parsing of pg_ident.conf to make it
similar to pg_hba.conf.
This is based on Todo Item:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-06/msg02204.php

Purpose - This will allow to catch syntax errors in pg_ident at the startup
or reload time.

Changes are described as follows:
a. Make the load_ident() functionality same as load_hba, such that it
cleans the previous context, after successful parsing.
b. Change the load_ident(), so that parsing can be done during load
time and the parsed lines are saved.
c. Change the functionality of parse_ident_usermap() so that parsing is
not done during authentication.
d. If load_ident() fails for parsing, it returns false and error is
issued.
This point I am not sure, as for pg_hba failure it issues FATAL at
startup. Currently I have kept error handling for load of pg_ident same as
pg_hba

I have done the basic testing and test is still in progress.

Suggestions?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_ident_parsing.patch application/octet-stream 15.2 KB