Re: psqlODBC Experimental Enhanced branch

From: George Weaver <gweaver(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlODBC Experimental Enhanced branch
Date: 2006-02-28 19:29:52
Lists: pgsql-odbc

From: "Dave Page"

>Please test and evaluate it, examine the source code, benchmark it and
>anything else you can think of, and post any opinions to the mailing
>list.

Hi Dave;

I have experienced an inconsistent error with all versions of the 8.1
driver up to an including 8.1.1.1. I don't get any error via ODBC but the
Microsoft "Unfortunately Microsoft has encountered an error and must exit
the application..." dialog box.

I have never experienced this problem with the 7.02 branch up to 7.02.00.05.

I installed 7.02.026 on February 22 and did not encounter any problem until
this morning.

I am running PostgreSQL 8.1.0 on i686-pc-mingw32, compiled by GCC gcc.exe
(GCC) 3.4.2 (mingw-special).

I am running a VB.NET 2003 application accessing the database (obviously)
via ODBC.

I cannot find any error notification in mylog or the psqlodbc log. In the
Windows event viewer the error message is:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: COM+
Event Category: Unknown
Event ID: 4786