Fw: Problem Related to Goto

From: "Dinesh Parikh" <dineshp(at)newgen(dot)co(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fw: Problem Related to Goto
Date: 2001-09-28 10:49:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear All
I have a strange problem. Some documents suggests that I can use Goto statement. My program is like this one.

Drop function Gototest();
Create Function Gototest() Returns int4 as'
Declare
DBFirst int2;
Begin
DBFirst := 1;
Start: DBFirst:= DBFirst+1;
If (DBFirst != 10) Then
Goto Start;
End If;
Raise Notice ''val %'',DBFirst;
Return DBFirst;
End;
' language 'plpgsql';

Select Gototest();

But when I am running it , it gives error

DROP
CREATE
ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "start"

What may be cause of it. Actually I am converting oracle stored procedure to postgres function.So what is alternate.Is there any support of Continue statement.

Thanks

Regards
Dinesh Parikh