MS Access suddenly refusing to deal with pgsql db... and Failing Make

From: "Robert Chalmers" <robert(at)chalmers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "pgsql" <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: MS Access suddenly refusing to deal with pgsql db... and Failing Make
Date: 2000-03-07 07:47:13
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
this is a strange thing.
I recently upgraded my postgresql, to 6.5.3 and now I have two problems.

I run a FreeBSd system. 2.2.

This is one problem,
Firstly, the make falls over making the odbc with;
ld -x -Bshareable -Bforcearchive -o libpsqlodbc.so.0.25 info.o bind.o
columninfo.o connection.o convert.o drvconn.o environ.o execute.o lobj.o
misc.o options.o pgtypes.o psqlodbc.o qresult.o results.o socket.o parse.o
statement.o gpps.o tuple.o tuplelist.o
dlg_specific.o -lcrypt -lcompat -lln -lm -lreadline -ltermcap -lncurses
/usr/lib/libcompat.a(regerror.o): Definition of symbol `_regerror' (multiply
defined)
/usr/lib/libcompat.a(regex.o): Definition of symbol `_regerror' (multiply
defined)
gmake: *** [libpsqlodbc.so.0.25] Error 1

ALSO....

Now, when I try to update my db from MS-Access, it wont let me, saying the
database is already in use by osmeone else. Which of course its not? I have
changed nothing on the PC with Access. It opens the databases fine, but I
just cant save data to them anymore. It seems to not be locking them maybe?

Does anyone have any ideas that may help on these two problems please.

Thank you so much
Robert

http://www.chalmers.com.au Clipart And Books
Art, Design and Graphics.