Carriage return in text fields

From: "Ets ROLLAND" <ets(at)rolland-fr(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Carriage return in text fields
Date: 2005-05-30 08:19:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello !

I have to transfert data from MS-Access to PostgreSQL 8.03 under Windows 2003 server.
Text fields may contain a carriage return (CR-LF).
I use the copy instruction.
Under Pg-Admin III 1.21, I obtain an error message for that carriage return and a hint : use \n.
If I use a filter on the cvs file replacing carriage return with \n, copy works but I have the char \n
in the text fields, not the carriage return !?
If I use PSQL, the carriage return are replaced by a space !
In Pg-Admin III I can insert a carriage return (with SHIFT ENTER) in a text field.

How can I transfert my text fields WITH all the carriage return inside the text fields ?
Thanks for your tips...
Best regards.

Luc