PostgreSQL DBA, New Jersey | 75-100k | Relo OK
* Administer and operate production and development PostgreSQL database
* Support production and development PostgreSQL database infrastructure.
* Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation schedule for production issues.
* Perform PostgreSQL database backups and data restores.
* Set up replication and disaster recovery for PostgreSQL databases.
* Install, configure, and test new MySQL databases, perform version
upgrades of existing databases.
* Diagnose problems, and monitor database performance.
* Perform tuning of SQL queries.
* Analyze and propose schema changes to PostgreSQL databases.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer engineering or
equivalent work /education.
* Competent to expert PostgreSQL database administrator.
* Proficient with PostgreSQL Database Backup and recovery Process.
* Experience with Linux and Solaris systems administration.
* Experience with Oracle is desirable.
* Proficient in SQL across PostgreSQL and Oracle platforms.
* Experience in identifying, implementing and supporting disaster
recovery/business continuity initiatives.
If you are interested in this position and are a US Citizen/resident,
please submit your resume, salary requirements, and a paragraph (or two)
highlighting your skills/experience as it pertains to this job to
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing
In response to
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Vincent Lasmarias||Date: 2006-10-19 17:33:06|
|Subject: Postgres DBA Job Opportunity in Vancouver, BC, Canada|
|Previous:||From: Azita Arshadi||Date: 2006-10-16 20:04:16|
|Subject: iCrossing- Interactive Marketing Agency in Scottsdale has immediate Opportunities|