From: "Brian Johnson" <bjohnson(at)jecinc(dot)on(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2002-02-13 19:16:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm working on a sync conduit (for memos) from a Palm pilot to a postgresql
database

I'll simplify things a bit to convey my question.

I have the main database table (notes) that has a note_id (primary key) and
note_content fields

I also have another table (called palm_memos) that matches up palm record
ids to records in the notes database (via the note_id field)

I think I have it working except for when there is a new record added to the
Palm

I need to add the contents of the new record in the Palm to the notes table
(I can do this with an INSERT SQL statement).

What I don't know how to do is to get that newly created note_id so that I
can insert it into the palm_memos table

Any ideas / advice?

  • Re: New ID at 2002-02-13 19:35:36 from Josh Berkus