Difference between insert by a function and per hand

From: DI Hasenöhrl <i(dot)hasenoehrl(at)aon(dot)at>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Difference between insert by a function and per hand
Date: 2001-06-21 08:59:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello all,

I use postgresql 7.0.2 as backend, ODBC Driver 7.1.003 and MsAccess97 as frontend.
Now I have the following Problem and hope, someone can help me.

I developed a function in plpgsql, which inserts rows in a table *price*. This function is called from VBA-Code and everything seemed to be OK, but then I realized, that I can't change these rows inserted by the function. When I put in rows by the normal way as linked table, I can change these rows. Where is the difference to insert rows by a function or per hand.

Has anyone an idea, please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Irina

E-Mail: i(dot)hasenoehrl(at)aon(dot)at