Re: Getting previous statements executed a backend currenly in an <idle> in transaction state.

From: "Umesh Shastry" <ushastry(at)techbooks(dot)com>
To: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Lista Postgres" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting previous statements executed a backend currenly in an <idle> in transaction state.
Date: 2007-01-22 05:42:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

This may help you...

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-announce/2006-01/msg00007.php

----- Original Message -----
From: Rajesh Kumar Mallah
To: Lista Postgres
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 9:55 AM

Dear Friends,

Due to some bug(s) in our apps , in a mod_perl environment
many backend remain in <idle> in transaction state. This
backends sometimes block other statements in batch
processes which in turn blocks access to some production
tables.

This issue has been posted before also but this time i wanted
to know, if it is possible to know what statements have been
executed by the backend in the same transaction which is currently
idle. this can probably help us in identifying the faulty application
code.

in past we had set a logging prefix in guc and used grep to digout
the statements but that was logging all statements which was
probably not a good idea in production environment. Can some
one suggest if anything else is readily available.

regds
mallah.

http://archives.postgresql.org