SQL Maestro Group is happy to announce the release of PostgreSQL Maestro
6.12, a powerful Windows GUI solution for PostgreSQL administration and
Please consider the list of new features implemented in PostgreSQL Maestro
6.12 since last official release:
*PostgreSQL 8.2 management extensions*.
1. Now it is possible to specify fill factor when creating/editing tables
2. Support of CONNECT privilege for databases and USAGE privilege for
sequences is added. For setting sequence-specific permissions the GRANT ON
SEQUENCE syntax is used instead of GRANT ON TABLE one;
3. Now it is possible to empty a table together with all foreign-key
4. Now it is possible to create a domain based on another one;
5. Added support for comments on server-scope objects such as roles and
*Other server management extensions*:
1. The Make primary key and Clear primary key commands are now accessible
anywhere in the software (Table Editor, Explorer Tree, Object Browser, etc);
2. Since this version PostgreSQL Maestro can display native type names such
as int4 instead of SQL-standard ones (e.g. integer).
1. SQL Formatter is done: you can beatify all the DML statements (SELECT,
INSERT and UPDATE) in the SQL Editor. Also it is possible to format view
2. The tabbed interface is implemented in addition to classic MDI. You can
choose your favorite UI in the Options dialog;
Here is a list of some tabbed interface features:
- you can drag-n-drop tabs to change their order;
- you can close the current tab pressing the mouse wheel (or the middle
- you can drag-n-drop database objects or selected text between tabs e.g.
drag-n-drop a field from a table to another table or select a text at the
SQL page of an Object Editor and drag-n-drop it to the SQL Editor;
- each tab has a popup menu, which allows you to close current tab, close
all tabs or close all the tab except selected one (close other tabs).
3. SQL Script Editor: if a user opens a file larger than 100K, PostgreSQL
Maestro will suggest him to execute the script file without opening it in
the editor. Of course it is also possible to execute any script file using
this way: just press the "Execute script from file" link on the Script
Editor navigation bar and specify the filename;
4. We have implemented the Data Analysis, a tool to represent your data as
12. Data grid: the speed of data loading was significantly increased.
Full press-release is available at:
Hope you will like the new version.
Thank you for your attention.
SQL Maestro Group
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: Chris Browne||Date: 2006-12-06 20:00:00|
|Subject: Re: Online index builds|
|Previous:||From: Vivek Khera||Date: 2006-12-06 16:21:05|
|Subject: Re: [GENERAL] [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL 8.2 Now Available|