Re: transaction

From: denis(at)coralindia(dot)com
To: "Bruno Wolff III" <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>, "H(dot)J(dot) Sanders" <hjs(at)worldonline(dot)nl>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: transaction
Date: 2004-04-21 07:28:56
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

You can achieve this by:

1. Create a new table
2. Insert the data in this.
3. Write a trigger on this table
4. In trigger issue UPDATE and check whether it updated any records. If NO,
fire INSERT.
( here, i am updating first and inserting.. just reverse )

The code looks like:

update tempxitag set qty = qty + nqty where
ccod = cccod
GET DIAGNOSTICS nFound = ROW_COUNT;
If nFound = 0 then
insert into tempxitag( ccod, qty)