Postgresql Backup & Dump

From: "gajanan" <gajanan(dot)choudhari(at)codecindia(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgresql Backup & Dump
Date: 2004-04-10 04:42:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
In my application I need to use old database present on postgersql at client site. For that I have created dump using

pg_dump -o db_name | gzip > db_dump

command at the client site and then downloaded the dump on local server. But when I am trying to restore, it only restore the empty database tables. I am using following command to restore the database.

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql db_name < db_dump

Client postgresql ver is 7.1 and I am using 7.4. Also the size of database is about 600 MB.

Is it depends on the size or version?

So what shuold be right procedure to restore the database at my server from the remote server?

Where I am going wrong?

Thank!

Regard,

Gajanan C.