v7 and ODBC Readonly

From: "Greg Kelley" <gkelley(at)londavia(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: v7 and ODBC Readonly
Date: 2000-10-20 16:48:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

I recently upgraded from v6 to v7. I have to get to data in three databases by using three different MS Access databases and the ODBC driver. Since the upgrade, two of the three databases will no longer let me add/edit records saying the database is not updateable.

Looking at the pgsql innards, one thing that stands out about the db that still lets me update is the fact that the Access Permissions from a \z command are all blank. The other two dbs that don't let me update have Permissions like {"=","webuser=arwR"} where I had set the user access because the db owner was different.

This is only a problem with the ODBC driver as php is still adding/editing records just fine. Any ideas? Thanks!

Greg Kelley, IT Director
Londavia, Inc.
Pease Int'l Tradeport
68 New Hampshire Ave.