Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC Query performance

To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: "Peter Mount (Home)" <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC Query performance
Date: 1999-03-23 06:51:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

That's what's interesting about this to me. Using psql, piping the results
to a file, it is less than a second, and the CPU time goes to 50% idle. The
file that I piped to ends up about 3.5MB's. Jdbc is about 90 seconds, and 0%
idle. I've put trace statements in, so I'm pretty sure that to return from
the executeQuery(sql); method is about 90 seconds. If you can't reproduce
it, then maybe I could send you the table that I query, or maybe you could
send me a table that you query of similiar size (~1200 rows, 25 columns, no
indexes, most columns are varchar() or float8() ), that it performs well on.
Rich.