Re: [HACKERS] Win32 regression test status

From: George Weaver <gweaver(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>, 'Andrew Dunstan' <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Win32 regression test status
Date: 2004-02-24 15:25:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-hackers-win32

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure of the detail behind winsup/cygwin/localtime.cc, but there are
problems with how Cygwin handles dates and times on Windows.

See http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-07/msg01016.html.

If there is any relevance, I think it is imperative that the Win32 version
of PostgreSQL links directly to the system clock and avoids this Cygwin bug.

Regards,
George