Installation problem

From: "ryan" <pgsql(at)hopestreet(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Installation problem
Date: 2000-07-30 09:09:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

. I just installed Postgres 7.0.2 on my system and followed the installation instructions to the T. i even ran the regression tests and everything works fine, until i try to create a database. logged in as 'postgres', i issue the command "createdb testdb" i get the following response:

/usr/bin/psql: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/bin/psql: undefined symbol: pg_encoding_to_char
createdb: database creation failed

any help with this would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

-ryan