PostgreSQL DBA/Architect

From: "Carol Linstrum" <caroll(at)decho(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL DBA/Architect
Date: 2009-10-30 20:52:58
Lists: pgsql-jobs

PostgreSQL Consulting DBA/Architect

Decho is dedicated to helping people protect, manage and enrich their
"digital echo" - the valuable and ever-growing body of personal, digital
information that reverberates through our lives. Backed by the storage
giant, EMC, we are uniquely poised to continue expanding our position and
take this very exciting business to newer heights - with your
contribution.

GENERAL SUMMARY
This position requires a high degree of ingenuity and innovation to
implement strategic and tactical business initiatives and goals. The
person should also have extensive in-depth knowledge of web, application
and related OS and Network components. Designs database and applications
level architecture and is seen as a visionary, providing input to future
direction and strategy. Emphasis is on initiative, independent judgment,
and the individual is seen as a partner to the leadership on Technical
Operations strategy and review.

PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Acts as prime consultant on critical projects that impact long term
organizational goals and objectives.
Extensive and in-depth knowledge of configuring and tuning of web,
application and database servers
Determines requirements and functional specifications for entire system,
under only consultative direction.
Works on unusually complex problems and provides solutions, which are
highly innovative. Uses independent judgment to accomplish goals and
objectives.
Has insight into industry trends and communicates vision to guide
organizational and Decho strategy.

SKILLS
8+ years of directly relevant experience administering/maintaining
PostgreSQL;
Solid understanding of RDBM concepts and normalization principles;
Experience managing multiple database servers in a high-traffic
environment;
Experience with complex SQL queries involving sub-selects, views, CASEs,
functions, etc.;
Excellent communication, consultative and presentation skills;
Works well in team environment;
Demonstrated ability to take on challenges
BS degree or equivalent experience required
Experience with administering linux servers a plus;
Perl skills a plus.

This position resides in our Technical Operations group that is
responsible for the operations in our datacenters. It is not an internal
IT position, but is working with our customer data and operations. This
is a great opportunity to work with a group of 'rockstar' technical folks
in a very fun, start-up environment. We will provide relocation
assistance and an excellent salary and benefits.

Thanks for your interest! You can check out our website at www.mozy.com
or www.decho.com

Carol Linstrum

Sr. Recruiter