Re: Setting date and time

From: George Weaver <gweaver(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: Manuel Sugawara <masm(at)fciencias(dot)unam(dot)mx>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Setting date and time
Date: 2004-01-29 13:28:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for the response.

From what I can determine, postmaster gets the OS date and time when its
starts up, but then seems to maintain the data and time independently. If
you change the OS date or time after postmaster is running, the two systems
will be out of synch. I'm hoping to determine if there is a way to "reset"
the postmaster date and time to match that of the OS if they are out of
synch, without restarting postmaster.

Regards,
George