Transfer to MSSQL

From: "Renaldo Hylton" <renaldo(at)mediamixinteractive(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Transfer to MSSQL
Date: 2005-09-07 19:13:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi, We are currently in the process of moving a server from PostgreSQL over to Microsoft sql server. Do you have any suggestions about how I should do this?

I have started the process already and I have been faced with a few 'road bumps'. one of the errors I came across was this command line nextval('"product_intproductid_seq"'::text). Followed by SQL not recognizing PostgreSQL's serial or date data type.

Any recommendations/suggestions/solutions you may come up with would be very much so appreciated. Thank you.

Renaldo Hylton
Web Developer
Mediamix Interactive Inc.
1-1885 Meyerside Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L5T 1G7
Tel: 905-795-0930 x 289, Fax: 905-795-0932
e-mail: renaldo(at)mediamixinteractive(dot)com
http://www.mediamixinteractive.com

This e-mail contains information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. The information contained is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or taking of any action based on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us by phone.