Re: catastrophic error

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: "'Bricklen Anderson'" <BAnderson(at)PresiNET(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: catastrophic error
Date: 2005-05-12 20:46:23
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-odbc

The catastrophic error was the actual text sent from the IIS component
error.

SO I am not 100% sure what it means, I believe it is just mirroring back
text from the dbserver when trying to connect and failing.

I am guessing it is odbc and I am currently using the 7.4 version, but am
looking for the best way to move from SQL_ASCHII to UNICODE (maybe a backup
and restore using some kind of params? I hope?

If not I guess I could alter my original program that read MSSQL to read
from postgres and write it back to a Unicode database and see if the odbc
drivers are ok (it originally blew up and that's how I ended up using
SQL_ASCHII).

Joel Fradkin

What does a catastrophic error consist of? Do you mean your IIS servers
could no longer connect to the db, and yet you _could_ connect to the db via
pgadmin? Yes the web interface gave that as the conection error string (my
error routine just prints that to the screen)
I would have thought that rebooting the IIS would have solved any
connectivity issues (assuming that that is the error that you are getting).
I've never used IIS, so I can't even guess about that. ODBC is a
possibility, I suppose, and it certainly wouldn't hurt to try again on the
ODBC list.

Cheers,

Bricklen

--